Cosmetic for sensitive skin
If you have sensitive skin, according to the American Academy of Dermatology you should follow these recommendations:
You should use:
- Face powder instead of cream foundation, face powder has few preservatives and minimal risk of skin irritation.
- Silicone-based foundation for minimal skin irritation.
- Black eyeliner and mascara instead of coloured products; Black ones appear to be least allergenic.
- Pencil eyeliner and eyebrow fillers instead of liquid products; liquid eyeliners may contain latex and may cause an allergic reaction.
You shouldn’t use:
- Waterproof cosmetics; you need a special cleanser to remove them.
- Old cosmetics; throw them out, they can spoil or become contaminated.
Personally, I don’t use much makeup, I mean heavy makeup, no for me, I like more my natural face, when I do makeup normally it’s light, I don’t use foundation or concealer, although I admire women who look so nice and pretty. The way I do my makeup it’s just my personal taste and I can’t judge what is right or wrong.
Some days I use a little bit of eye shadow with light colors, along with my eye liner crayon with a bit of mascara, and some days a bit more on eye shadow and liquid eye liner which I love it but rarely I use it since it gives me a more like a party look not natural look and I find it too much at the end of the day when I want to do cleansing my skin, and some days nothing at all and I am not ashamed of my look with no make up, all depends on my mood and my days and occasion.
Why I don’t use concealer or foundation? because I found it a bit irritating even the light one specifying hypoallergenic. I don’t like the feeling on my skin. As long as I have my soothing moisturizer I am good to go.
- There are some makeups that are recommended to use if you like to cover up redness in your face like “Dermablend foundation”, I never used it and my idea is covering up might not be the best solution.
- “VMV hypoallergenic blush” seems a good one for sensitive skin since it does not have fragrance, dye, parabens and preservatives, it has also some natural nourishing products.
- “Clinique products” are known for their quality, you can find many products specifically for sensitive skin like mascara.
- You can also find good ones in Yves Rocher. “Instant youthful foundation” from Yves Rocher is not causing the itch or allergic reaction.
Make sure you ask staff store or check well the packaging. you are looking for hypoallergenic products or the ones specific for sensitive skin.
Each person’s reaction might be different, be careful about the product you don’t know and it’s your first-time use.
What are your favorite make up and what is your routine?